Can't Believe It - I Made 8.2% On The Stock Market Betting the Trump Presidency


Back in November, when the shocking news came that serial liar, sexual predator and chronic business bankrupt (moral and ethical) won the Presidency of the United States, I wrote a tongue-in-cheek piece of how to make money on the stock market, based on what Trump had said on the campaign trail.

Just for fun today, I decided to tabulate my results. You can read my reasoning in the entry below, but here is what I picked:

Aetna Inc AET  - went long betting it would go up
United Health Group - went long betting it would go up
Honda HMC- went Short betting it would go down
Toyota TM- went Short betting it would go down
Credit Acceptance Corp  CACC- went long betting it would go up

For fun, I would buy $1,000 or ten shares whichever was most appropriate.

AET - bought ten shares @$1190  -today quote value: $1302  profit: $112
UNH - bought ten shares @$1460  -today quote value: $1704  profit: $244
HMC - bought $1000, @$28 dollars a share,  -trading today @$28.45 call it unchanged
TM    -sold short @$1060 -covered short @$1110 profit $50
CACC - bought ten shares @$1860  -today quote value: $1990  profit: $130


Total cost: $6570
Total gains: $7106
Total profit: $536
Total Percentage gain: 8.2%

For the next phase, I am going all out on military weapon manufacturers.

No comments: