Getting a Brazilian


Getting a Brazilian could take on a new type of meaning here.  I recently got some spam purported to be from a member of US Army who is serving in Libya.  Ha!  In somewhat broken English, this person is trying to pull off a Nigerian scam.  The ironic part is that it was sent from a Brazilian email address.  Here is the text:


John


to undisclosed recipients

Why is this message in Spam? It's similar to messages that were detected by our spam filters.  Learn more

Hello,
I am SFC John Adams, a United State Army and the leader of US Soldier
with N.A.T.O troops here in Libya,I have a monetary proposal for you, I
found your contact detail in a address journal am seeking your assistance
to evacuate the sum of $11,000,000 to you as long as I am assured that it
will be safe in your care until I complete my service here in Libya. This
is not stolen money and there are no dangers involved. I count on your
understanding.please get back to my email: john_adams221@rocketmail.com ..

Thanks
John Adams

The most American name they can think of is John Adams --probably copied from the beer.  This whole thing is a Brazilian joke.  And speaking of Brazilian jokes, my all time favorite is when GW Bush was president.  His advisers came to him and said that two Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq.  He asked "How many is a brazilian?".


No comments: