Superstition Experiment - Itchy Palm Means Money ?


Last night I had a super itchy palm that wouldn't go away.  It itched for no reason.  I remembered an old wives tale about an itchy palm means money coming your way or money going out.  Since my right palm was itchy, I googled around.  One person said that right palm itchy means money coming in and left palm itchy means money going out.  This was based supposedly on energy, and to get rid of the energy you had to touch wood.

In the comments section of his post, all sorts of people commented that in different countries, the meaning was the opposite.  If your left palm itched then you would be getting money and if your right palm itched, then you would be paying out.

So I am conducting a public experiment.  My right palm was itching.  If I get a bill before I get some money, I will let you know.  If you don't see an update to this post, it means that the old wives tale is full of booshwa.  After all, it is bad luck to be superstitious.

No comments: