Why The Catholic Church Has Become Irrelevant


The Roman Catholic church has lost its way.  This is a copy of an email that was sent to the archbishop.  Of course there was no response.  Ironically, the archdiocese has a button on its website begging for money.


I must say that I choke when I see the words on the website that Archdiocese of ********* serves the people of God in the archdiocese.  That has not been the case at St.************* Parish.  The hypocrisy of those words is shown in the actions of the parish priest.

My mother died and was buried on September 11th and it is just now where the anger at the parish and the church has subsided enough to write this email.  My mother was a devout Catholic who lived her faith every day.  While she was able, she attended mass almost every day.  Throughout her life, she tithed the family income and gave it to the church even though we were a large poor Catholic family.  Many a day for days on end, all there was for supper was pasta and margarine, but the church got 10% of my father's meager wages nonetheless.

When my mother and father could no longer keep up the house, they picked an apartment that was walking distance to the church.  My mother and father made devotional objects for the missions, and the church was central in their lives.

So when my mother passed away, rather than being the Good Shepherds, the parish priest told us that there was already another funeral on the date, and he would NOT do another.  My sisters were left scrambling to find another priest, and they found a retired priest who would do the service.  The parish of St. ********** charged that priest $300 for the use of the church to conduct my mother's funeral, even though she was an avid parishioner.  The hypocrisy and outright simony is disgusting.

The pastor is acting as a clerk in a financial transaction working union hours.  This behaviour is disgusting and in no way reflects any Christian values or the teachings of Jesus.

I don't expect this email to have any effect at all as the church has no history of abjuring its egregious actions that are contrary to its stated Christian principles.


I can't see how any priests could use the term "Pastoral Care" and behave as above.  Disgusting.

No comments: