Trishna - Movie Review

I went to see the movie Trishna last night. It is a story based on Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, but set in modern day India. An interesting transposition.

The acting by Freida Pinto is superb as well as the acting by Riz Ahmed. Pinto gives a more compelling performance.

The scenery of India is spectacular. The cinematography is extremely good but rather uninspired. The story follow the story line of Tess with a few major deviations, but it is still true to form of the major plot.

It's not a happy film, and the story is not a happy one. I myself found the film dragging in places and checked my watched after 85 minutes.

I give this movie a 5.6 -6 out of ten, mainly for the shots of India and the acting of Freida Pinto, but it didn't leave me with a satisfied feeling. And it is a very very dark film.

No comments: