The Caboose - Vintage Railway Car

You rarely see a caboose any more on trains. They have been replaced with an electronic box called an ETU or End of Train Unit. Observers used to ride in the caboose and monitor the train. It is now done with electronic sensors. This new railway is not the railway of yore.

No comments: