Product Review: Memorex DVD-R

The first mistake was that I shopped at WalMart. The second mistake was that I bought Memorex DVDs to write. I had to edit some Super 8 films from the 1960's turned into a DVD. I used the editing tool, and when I burned the new DVDs, they would play in my computer DVD drive, but they would play on a DVD player. The medium is crap. I remember when Memorex was a good name, but now it is faulty, cheap, re-branded media that is a waste of money. The best DVD media is Verbatim. Do not buy Memorex.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write, " they would play in my computer DVD drive, but they would play on a DVD player. "

Do you mean 'they would NOT play on a DVD player'?

If they WOULD play, what's the point?

Caine Mutiny said...

It was the strangest thing. The DVD player (reader/writer) is more tolerant of disc errors than the Pioneer DVD player that I have.

So, after I burned the DVD, I would remove it from the DVD player on the computer, put it back in on the computer, and it would play.

However, I was burning these DVDs to give to family members to watch on their TV sets and not on their computers. The DVDs would not play on a regular DVD player. I would get a message saying "Cannot Read DVD".

Hope this explains it.