Slimey Gift For Christmas

I was slimed for Christmas.

I got a real slimey gift.

It was green slime.

It is a perfect gift.

It is called Cyber Clean.

When you open it up, it is a huge mass of green slime.


You can squeeze it. It is slime.

The whole idea behind this is that you squeeze this into places where conventional cleaners cannot go, and it gets out all of the dirt and bacteria. The manufacturer says that you use it on computer keyboards, car dashboards and anywhere where there are dirty grooves that are difficult to clean. You press the slime into a surface and it picks up all of the dirt.

This reminds me when I was a kid, and I actually conducted experiments in a similar vein. I come from a large family and I had to do the dishes regularly. I once got the bright idea that I could clean dirty forks by plunging them into a ball of plasticine. It worked perfectly. Except when I was a kid, plasticine left an oily hydrocarbon residue on your hands and it tasted funny. I am sure that any fork cleaned with plasticine, would make the food taste yucky the next time that you used it. But I thought that it was a good idea. Thus I was amazed when I saw this product.

The can said that I could go to the website for more details. I did. The website is: http://www.cyberclean.ca/ . This is the graphic on the website:


As it turns out, the company that invented and licensed it, is a Swiss company called JOKER. They are a toy company and they are located at this website:


This is the main graphic on their page:


They are a toy company and now a cleaning company. They also distribute a line of candies that suspiciously looks a lot like their slime products. Hmmmmmm. This is significant because they market Cyber Clean as non-toxic (and perhaps edible?).

The container of Cyber Clean that I have says it is manufactured under strict supervision in China. The website also has pictures of fake products or knock-offs. I rather suspect that if you get anything made in China, shortly thereafter you will get knock-offs appearing on the market. It is the way that the Chinese do business.

But back to this Cyber Clean thing. I looked at the ingredients label. The main product is diazolidinyl urea. I Googled it. Diazolidinyl urea is an antimicrobial preservative used in cosmetics. My uderstanding that Urea is found in pee. How ironic that a pee component is used as a cleaning and anti-microbial agent. Did I mention that it was non-toxic? Excuse me, but I have to go and wash my hands. I was handling the gel.

No comments: