Northern Lights Were Running Wild

My flight north from Nassau was delayed by two hours. There was a huge delay in Toronto, because each and every plane had to be de-iced. So I got home late at night. As we were driving to our house in the hills, it looked like there were spotlights arising into sky. However as we drove we couldn't catch up with them. Suddenly we realized that we were seeing a rare sight -- the Northern Lights or the Aurora Borealis.

As soon as the car stopped, I jumped out with my camera and snapped a frame. Unfortunately the northern lights were dancing across the sky and they moved out of the frame. What they did though, was light up the snow on the garage roof. That is what showed up in my picture (above).

It was a heck of a way to be welcomed to the north -- with the Aurora Borealis streaming across the skies. I have not seen them in at least 8 or 9 years. I wonder what the portents are. The Japanese seem to think that the northern lights are extremely lucky. Me -- I think that it is bad luck to be superstitious.

No comments: