Michael Jordan Celebrity Golf Tournament for Volunteers

Regular readers of this blog will know that every year since I have been in the tropics, I carry the bag for a celebrity in the Michael Jordan Invitational Golf Tournament. This happens every January. This year I caddied for tennis great Boris Becker. Needless to say, it is a volunteer job that I love.

As part of the thank you, the tournament organisers hold a tournament for us, the volunteers on the same course -- The One and Only Ocean Club on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. Lucky for me, it is just two blocks from my house.

The course is long and open. Some of the views of the ocean are exhilerating. Here are the members of my foursome:



A team mate strolls to the tee box, assessing his shot.

Another member of our foursome assesses his second fairway shot on a long par five.

The last member signals a thumbs up on the signature 17th hole by the ocean. In the background there is a jetski, a parasail and a cruise ship. Ironically, just behind him is golf ball beach, where I amassed my golf ball collection.

I had the game of the year for me. I have trimmed down and gotten fit and although I do not hit the long ball as far as I used to, my accuracy has improved and my score was amazing.

I mistaken announced that 2010 was the last year for the Jordan in the Bahamas. I was wrong about that statement and wish to retract it and apologise to anyone for any stress and inconvience that it may have caused.

No comments: