Google Chrome

I finally did it. I made the switch to the Google Chrome browser. I had downloaded the browser previously and thought that it was gimmicky and never used it. I thought nothing of it.

Then a few days ago, I noticed that the Explorer Browser was extremely slow. It would be lethargic and would stop in mid-typing and freeze for a minute. I was sure that I had spyware, malware, a keylogger or something.

However, after checking with the best free antivirus software in the world , I realised that it wasn't that. It was just crappy Microsoft again. And when you go on Youtube , the site told me that I was using an outdated browser.

This morning after waking in a fog from two days away in Freeport, I checked my mail and was totally underwhelmed with how long it was taking. On a whim, I downloaded Chrome. The download was quick.

When I ran Chrome, I was amazed. It is blazingly fast. It is almost as if I got another processor. Videos load quickly. This has got to be the fastest browser that I have ever used.

I then tested it on our corporate website that has jsps, pdf on the fly makers, all sorts of browser and session objects and javascript where Firefox fell down, and it worked fine.

I have to say, I am a believer in Chrome.

No comments: