Shark Waters

There hasn't been an entry on my blog for a couple of days. I have been island-hopping on business, and even though I stayed in a Sheraton property, there was no internet in the rooms. There was wireless in the lobby, but it was full of young party animals, who later on in the early hours of the morning would knock on my door and run. As Oscar Wilde said "Youth is wasted on the young".

I am examining the countless images on my digital camera, and have come up with the picture above to post today. Just past the brick wall, is where I took our UK guests snorkelling. I promised them that the sights under the sea would be cool. It turned out that I did not disappoint.

As we were swimming along watching the multitudes of fishes, we saw a Caribbean reef shark. This prompted the lady in our group to bail and scramble for shore. The menfolk continued on, and we saw another shark -- a nurse shark, as well as a brace of big barracuda. The added edge of being in the water with a potentially dangerous predator was a bit exhilerating.

I didn't get any pics, but I did find one on the internet, of a reef shark gutting a barracuda.

Cool!

No comments: