Answers to Questions -- Again

Readers ask me questions and I endeavour to answer them. The first persistent question that I used to get was, what is the name of an Arawak, Lucayan, or Taino Indian's house? The answer is "BOHIO". Here are a couple of more questions.

Question: How do you make a Cuban Mamey pie?



I don't know, so I asked the lunch lady at the supermarket who knows how to cook. She told me that it is made this way:

Answer:

  • Mameys as needed ~ Approx 4 - 6
  • 1 c. water3 tbsp. cornstarch
  • 1 c. sugar
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. butter
  • 9-inch baked pie shell

Cut mamey fruit into 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange mamey slices in the pie shell. Blend the rest of the mameys with water in blender or processor. In a saucepan, combine blended mamey mixture with cornstarch, sugar and salt. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat and add butter. Pour glaze over mameys, coating them well. Chill for several hours. Serve topped with whipped cream.

Question: Can you shed some light on Rastafarian economics?

Answer:

Yes. See the picture below.

No comments: