Cinema Paradiso


The co-ordinator of the international film festival gave me this tee shirt. Although it is cinema in a tropical paradise, it reminds of the great Italian movie Cinema Paradiso. I quote Wikipedia:

Nuovo Cinema Paradiso is a 1988 Italian film written and directed by Giuseppe Tornatore. It was internationally released as Cinema Paradiso in France, Spain, the UK and the U.S.

It stars Jacques Perrin, Philippe Noiret, Leopoldo Trieste, Marco Leonardi, Agnese Nano and Salvatore Cascio. It was produced by Franco Cristaldi and Giovanna Romagnoli, and the music was by Ennio Morricone along with his son Andrea Morricone.

Cinema Paradiso was a critical and box-office success and is regarded by many as a classic. It is particularly renowned for the famous 'kissing scenes' montage near the end of the film. It won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Film in 1989. The film is often credited for reviving Italy's film industry which later produced Mediterraneo and Life is Beautiful.

Just like in the movie Cinema Paradiso, the Lovely One and I go to the National Gallery and we watch movies outdoors under the stars. There is nothing like it for a theatre.

(non-technical readers can depart at this juncture)

The rest of the blog entry is a total non-sequitor. I just want to put some tech solutions that have helped me this week. They were problems that stumped me, and the fixes were simple.

The first was that I had installed Apache Tomcat J2EE container from scratch, with the Windows Installer to install the service. When I went to start the Tomcat service, I got the error message:

" The Apache Tomcat service terminated with service-specific error 0(0x0) "

For more information see Help and Support Center at microcrap.crap.

The quick fix to this is to copy the file msvcr71.dll from the bin dir of your java installation, to the bin dir of the tomcat installation. Voila !!!!

Secondly I checked out a project out of a repository and I got the following Eclipse IDE error:

" This project needs to migrate WTP metadata "

Clicking on the Quick Fix didn't work. What did work was to go to the .settings directory and delete everything. Exit Eclipse and re-start it. Everything should be fine. These tips were lifesavers for me this week.

No comments: