Radio City

I recently commissioned a study of our WiFi coverage on this tropical island. The study came back with maps and pics of our coverage superimposed over aerial photographs of downtown. The main street is where the pink dot is running left and right. The green area is how our Wifi antennas cover the area.

While I was looking at the map, I was amazed at how big the cruise ships are. Man they are the length of several several city blocks. Our downtown area could fit into two cruise ships. That might be a solution to revitalise the tourism, as the numbers have been dropping lately.

The other thing that I noticed, is that our Wifi can be picked up by the cruise ships. I had my PDA on while downtown, and I picked up the internet connection on the cruise ship. They wanted 75 cents per minute. That is highway robbery ... er ... piracy on the high seas ???

No comments: