Man, did I get a start the other day. I was at the office, in the washroom when I idly glanced out the window. I couldn't believe my eyes. The sky was filling with black smoke. It looked like the supermarket next door was on fire. This would have been the second fire that I have seen in this tropical land. The first was in an earlier blog entry where a Land Rover went up in flames near our house.
I dashed outside to see what the matter was. It turned out that there was a power failure and the diesel generator for the supermarket kicked in. Unfortunately something was drastically wrong with the generator. It was spewing black black smoke that filled the neighbourhood. They quickly shut it down, and the supermarket was in darkness like the rest of the neighbourhood.
It took over twenty minutes for the smoke to clear.