Favourite Informal Restaurant

This is a view of one of my favourite restaurants. It is not a fancy upscale restaurant. The menu can be best described as roadhouse or pub fare. However I choose a table under the tree or by the water and the dining experience is great. The seaside ambiance is fantastic.

The Lovely One and I eat there when we don't feel like cooking and/or fine dining -- when we want to eat something fast. I also take my colleagues there to informally discuss business. Nobody pays attention to us. Most of the patrons are crew members of the luxury yachts, or boaters who have arrived from Florida or the Caribbean and need or want some pub ambiance.


******

As part of my ongoing efforts to publish my software discoveries, I have a neat snippet of source code in C#. I need to take many IPAQ PDA's and set the Wireless network names, or SSIDs. It is a pain with the stylus, so I wrote a small program to do it. I do it from a form, and I press a button to do it. You have to download the OpenNETCF libraries. Here is the code snippet:


using System;
using System.Linq;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using OpenNETCF.Net;



///
/// button1_Click
///

///
///
/// this button sets the ssid and WEP key

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
AdapterCollection adapters = Networking.GetAdapters();
foreach (Adapter adapter in adapters)
{
try
{
if (adapter.IsWireless)
{
EAPParameters eapp = new EAPParameters();
eapp.Enable8021x = true;
eapp.AuthData = IntPtr.Zero;
eapp.AuthDataLen = 0;
eapp.EapType = EAPType.PEAP;
eapp.EapFlags = EAPFlags.Enabled;
bool abc = false;

abc = adapter.SetWirelessSettingsAddEx("mySSIDstring", true, "myWEPkeyString", 1, AuthenticationMode.Ndis802_11AuthModeOpen, WEPStatus.Ndis802_11WEPEnabled, eapp);

//I suppose that I should check to see if abc=true, but this is a hack

//so I don't


adapter.BindAdapter();
MessageBox.Show("done");
}
}
catch (Exception mm)
{
MessageBox.Show(mm.Message);
}
}
}
}

No comments: