Horse Flies


I couldn't believe it. I am sitting on a beach and a fly lands on me. I think nothing of it. All of a sudden, I get pain. It is a horsefly. I slap it, until it is a corpse. We have lots of horseflies back home in the North. Somehow I didn't think that they existed in the tropics, although I had no reason for believing that.

The good news is that I am flying home for a week. It is a working holiday. I have to conduct a critical design review of a system that I am having built. It is the system for sending cash by text message. Our stored value card is launched, and this is the next phase of the venture. The system is over 85% built out, and I intend to unleash this on the Caribbean in a couple of months. I am going to take my time, and iron out all of the kinks.

The other good news is that I will play golf for the first time this year. I would like to play golf every day, but that may not happen. It is a good thing to be getting off the island. It is hurricane season, and the second named storm is on the way. Tropical Storm Bertha is expected to hit north of the Caribbean, but one can never tell. I am glad to be getting off the island, even for a week.

No comments: